"An evening talking about gender inequalities and gender stereotypes"
Dear all, we have prepared another event on the oh-so-important topic of gender inequalities and the stereotypes that surround it.
We want to create a space for a disscussion, so that we can share ideas and maybe our frustrations connected to the topic.
We are experiencing great times where women are getting more and more power, their voices are getting heard, but still every day we bump into sexist , patriarchal and mysogynistic reality, so the bottom line: it needs to be changed.
Here at The Hives we stand firm with our beliefs: Gender Inequalities have to come to end.
We are waiting for you at The White Rabbit Hostel, where The Hives Project is taking place at, on the 27th June at 19:00.
POST EVENT PHOTOS
“An evening of learning about ecology and wildlife” at The Hives Project
We have invited Ellie, the European Solidarity Corps Volunteer at the Action For Wildlife Greece (https://www.facebook.com/drasiagriazoi) to tell us about wildlife, its protection, threats, and required actions.
Our speaker Ellie has been an ESC volunteer at Thessaloniki Wild Life Rescue for 9 months already, and she has also volunteered in Croatia at the Bear refuge for 5 months. She was also a part of a sustainability project in New Zealand for 1 month, promoting and taking part in an environmental project.
Overall, Ellie is interested in environmental protection, she is an animal lover, loves to learn by doing, and spending time outdoor.
Here is the plan for the evening that we have prepared:
1. Presentation of The Hives Project.
2. Biodiversity in the world and contemporary threats.
3. What is it like to be a volunteer in Wild Life Rescue Center?
4. What kind of wildlife is Action for Wild Life is taking care of?
5. What's the difference between domestic and wild animals?
6. Presentation of Wild animals.
7. Threats to wildlife.
8. What to do and what not to do when you see an injured bird or an animal.
9. What can you personally do to minimize threats to wildlife?
10. Q&A session.
11. Discussion time!
POST EVENT PHOTOS
What about developing your personal skills? What about doing it for free and getting a certificate? Regardless of age or occupation, join our Free Online Webinar on Personal Development with our volunteer Vini, who specialises in Education, Youth Work and Personal Development Trainings.
There will be four webinars - two in November and two in December.
1. New Lenses on Bad Situations: Why an Intercultural Connected Society is a Privilege and How to Use it? - 28/11/2020 - 17:00 CET
2. How to NOT avoid conflict: Conflict Resolutions Skills - 30/11/2020 - 17:00 CET
3. Miles apart but closer than never: What is a Global Citizen? - 03/12/2020 - 17:00 CET
4. Take charge of your own life: Opportunities and Everyday Life Techniques for a More Councious Life - 05/12/2020 - 17:00 CET
Sign up filling in the form by clicking here!